The 2018 midterm elections are almost here and you can help your favorite candidate win using SoundCloud. In this article, I’m going to tell you how you can help your favorite candidate get elected for the 2018 midterm elections through podcasting on SoundCloud.
2018 midterm elections: Start podcasting on SoundCloud now
One of the ways you can be a part of the 2018 midterm elections is through SoundCloud. You can become an influencer and have your own podcast channel on SoundCloud to share your political views. The Battleground Wisconsin Podcast has been discussing the 2018 elections for months:
In order to achieve your goal of helping your favorite candidate win, you need to understand some general elements of politics and the latest trends. Use social media and follow the latest trends through hashtags and user posts. The Twitter trending section is a source of this information.
The USA dollar will lose ground against the Canadian dollar. Domestic issues in Canada could hit headwinds. #Oil #NAFTA #Resolution2018 #Rally #negotiation #TradesTalk #bankofcanada #Dollar #MidtermElections pic.twitter.com/XH7cyeGKPM
— Jacoline Loewen (@jacolineloewen) January 24, 2018
Research currently trending topics and select a few to talk about on your podcast.
2018 midterm elections: Interview supporters and influencers
The best way to start a podcasting channel is to interview people who are frequently involved in political discussions. These experts will bring credibility to your channel early on.
There are many channels on SoundCloud that cover politics. Working with them can help your channel grow quickly. If you can’t meet in person at your studio, you can conduct phone interviews. There are a few tools that you will need for better audio quality:
- Internet connection
- Source-Connect Now
Source-Connect Now works as a host which allows both of you to record audio in studio quality. It’s absolutely free and you don’t need extra gear to use this except for a basic computer. Here’s a quick demo of it:
2018 midterm elections: Conduct debates on important subjects
Debates are essential to the political process. There should be debates on every level of political discourse, and that includes your podcast.
Bloomberg View is a famous podcast channel on SoundCloud that focuses on politics. They conduct debates and interviews with famous politicians, and bring on guests to discuss political issues such as taxation:
Your podcast can also invite influencers who support different parties to be part of the conversation. Having social media influencers on your podcast can put you in the spotlight as the influencers will share the episode with their loyal fans. These fans can be exposed to you for the first time and become your fan.
Having a social media influencer on your SoundCloud channel can be challenging. In order to achieve this, you need to first build your channel and publish quality content to let them know that your channel is feature-worthy for them.
Once you have that covered, there are various channels on SoundCloud that are podcasting about politics who could collaborate with you:
Go through their contact links and invite them for debates. Once you have it published, use social media sites to promote the episode. Use hashtags related to the topic and tag the influencer.
— John Henry Soto (@johnhenrysoto) January 7, 2018
Using this strategy will not only bring in more followers, but you will also receive more collaboration offers from other social media influencers.
2018 midterm elections: Setup a podcast channel on SoundCloud
Starting a podcast channel on SoundCloud is a very simple process. Here are the steps:
- Sign up on SoundCloud and fill in basic profile details.
- Record an episode using a professional microphone and recording software, such as Audacity.
- Edit out any unnecessary pauses and breaks.
- Click on the Upload button and upload your episode.
- Write episode details in the description and add social media links as well.
Once you have it all set up and have uploaded the episode, you can move on to the next step; promoting your channel.
2018 midterm elections: How to promote your podcast channel
Promoting your SoundCloud channel is just as important as creating great content. The basics to use include:
- Social media sites: Building an audience on social media is a great way to let your followers know that you have uploaded a new episode. Share your content on social media sites like Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook. Include hashtags for your online campaigns.
— Argentina Project (@ArgentinaProj) October 19, 2017
- Creative slogans: Write creative slogans for your candidate and use them in your episode title. If your slogan gets popular, the search results will help you deliver your message.
- Memes: We know that everybody likes memes. Create a few memes that relate to your podcast and publish it online. You can choose any social media site that you’re familiar with. You don’t necessarily have to publish your SoundCloud link in the meme post. Just having fresh social media content related to your podcast channel will bring in more followers.
Real ques: During midterm elections do u think senators pass around the same Ryan Gosling memes as college students? pic.twitter.com/nsR13syThh
— Olivia (@Oliviacado) October 22, 2015
- Armchair activism: Armchair activism is another great way to promote your SoundCloud channel and get more fans. Including your campaign’s hashtag will allow participants to filter out the posts and will also improve your fan engagements.
— EnergyTomorrow (@EnergyTomorrow) June 18, 2014
- Video promotion: Videos can add a different flavor to the promotion of your SoundCloud channel. Make an informative video on trending topics and share it on social media.
Blending video marketing with your SoundCloud channel can give you some amazing results. Be sure to include your SoundCloud profile links or episode links in the video description.
Use SoundCloud to support the 2018 midterm elections
In this article, I told you how you can start and promote a podcast channel on SoundCloud to help your candidate win in the 2018 midterm elections:
- Invite people who share the same political views as you do and interview them.
- Conduct debates on trending topics to add controversy to your channel.
- Invite social media influencer to participate in debates.
Here’s how to promote your podcast:
- Share your content on social media sites.
- Use social media activism strategies to improve fan engagements.
- Create memes on trending subjects.
- Create slogans and use them in your episodes.
- Make an entertaining video to share your opinions on the elections.
The last election showed that anything is possible. Use resources like SoundCloud to help your favored politician win the 2018 midterm elections and bring about the change that you want to see. Follow our blog to learn more about podcast and music marketing.